Wednesday, September 01, 2004

 

1 to 5 GB Microdrives for Phones?..

I was reading Russell Beattie's blog about his new 512MB RS-MMC and realized that I have been longing for a phone that would support the 1-inch Microdrives. How I wish I had a smart phone that would give me the flexibility of 1 to 5 GB of data..! Yes, Seagate announced a 5 GB Compact Flash Hard drive and might cost less than USD 150..!

When I bought my Canon Powershot G2 about 2.5 years ago, I was tempted to buy the IBM 1 GB Microdrive, but then I backed off and bought a 256MB CF card. This was because I learnt that these drives would drain the battery and also wanted to wait for the prices to come down.

This is a pretty good comparison of the various digital media. It is interesting to note that the 1 GB IBM Microdrive gives more bang for the buck than most of the other digital media.

Oh well, I am still waiting for Nokia/Sony Ericsson to support these Microdrives in their phones, so that I can buy a replacement for my aging 3650 :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?